My heart goes out to all you suckers that are driving long distances to see your families. So Santa Clem has decided to drop some knowledge on you poor souls with an easy, fun game that will help that long drive seem only moderately soul-crushing.
1. Decide on a draft order. Going in the order of whose birthday is next is probably the easiest.
2. The draft is a snake draft. So if you have the 1st pick of the 1st round, you have the last pick of the 2nd round, the 1st pick of the 3rd round, etc. If you don’t know what a snake draft is, you should probably stop reading and/or breathing.
3. The draft is 5 rounds long. So that means everyone ends up with 5 songs. There is no artist associated with the songs, only the songs matter. So if you draft “All I Want For Christmas Is You”, you get all versions of the song, not just the Mariah version.
4. You get 1 point every time your song is played. If the IMMEDIATE next song played is one of your songs, you get 3 bonus points. If the song IMMEDIATELY after that is one of your songs too, it’s an auto-win and the game is over.
5. Dominick The Donkey cannot be drafted. If Dominick The Donkey plays, whoever scored the last point loses a point.
6. Make sure to put something good on the line so you can brag your ass off during Christmas dinner.
Merry Christmas ya filthy animals!